Please Support Our Class Website in 2017.
Can you chip in today?
All contributions will be DOUBLED through April 30!
This site is operated and funded by members of our class.
Class Administrator: Loren Nilles
Page Hits: 25,423
2017 - 7:00 pm
Marilyn's address is 2920 Captain Cook Estates Circle.
Next Meeting -- Establish additional committees for set up, welcoming (Vicki volunteered for chair), auction (Jay as chair), clean-up (Karl as chair). Need to have a few people put the program together.
1. Print labels -- Vicki and Mark
2. Arrange gathering to stuff invitations -- Marilyn and at least 3 to help
3. Mail invitations -- Marilyn
4. Bank account info for credit card use at auction -- Mark
5. Send out emails -- Vicki and Mark
Next meeting is Tuesday, May 2 at 7:00. Marilyn's address is 2920 Captain Cook Estates Circle.
Here is the current list of deceased classmates that Carmen and myself could find information for. There has been some discussion as to how we are going to do the tribute but nothing in stone yet. The Next meeting we should discuss on what the group would like. Loren would like us to send him a copy so that he can assist Karl Augestad with getting year book photos rounded up for the tribute.If you have additional information please contact Carmen Stephl email@example.com or Jay Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org
1. *Arend, Michael Gene DOB-6/10/59 Died 2004
2. *Baer, Jon Christopher (Not Boyer) Died 8/29/07 age 47
3. *Benson, Donald Dean DOB-8/29/58 Died 2/10/07 age 48 donations were made to the epilepsy foundation in lieu of flowers
4. Bible, Dirk DOB-11/16/58 Died 1/22/05 age 46???
5. * Bowdish Kruse, Laurel A. DOB-6/20/59 Died 2/4/2012 age 52 She was a breast cancer survivor….
6. John Clark Boyer 1958 – Dec 22, 2016. Three year battle with Cancer, Age 57
7. *Casanovas, Donald D. DOB-11/12/58 Died 11/24/07 age 49 a 30 year battle with brain tumors
8. *Childs, Jeffrey “Jeff” L. DOB 2/24/59 Died 5/18/2000 age 41 donations were made to the American Lung Association/Asthma Endowment in lieu of flowers
9. Chong, Bryson (Hwa Bum Chong??) DOB-9/14/58 Died 9/3/07???
10. Dahl, Wayne (Steven Wayne Dahl?) DOB 12/10/57? Died 5/17/85?
11 *Dickey, Shelby Virginia DOB-6/23/59 Died 7/11/07 age 48 a lengthy illness
12. *Dooley Krogseng, Ann E. DOB 3/29/59 Died 9/24/2015 age 56 died unexpectedly side by side accident
13. *Franke, Max David DOB 6/3/59 Died 3/17/79 age 20 car accident
14. *Heverling, Lisa Lorraine DOB 7/14/59 Died 8/15/86 age 27 a horrible murder
15. Hubble, Lilian (Lillian?) 1959-1999???
16. Julian, Keith
17. *Klementson, John D. DOB 11/28/57 Died 1/11/16 age 58 passed away in his sleep
18. Knight, Kent (Kent J or Kent A???) DOB 4/23/59 for Kent J Died 7/28/05 age 46 or Kent A died 5/17/07 age 43???
19. *Matukonis Luten, Margaret “Peggy” DOB 10/9/59 Died 2/24/2012 age 53 passed away unexpectedly
20. *Middleton, Brian DOB 9/2/59 Died 9/16/74 age 15
21. Moore, Terry Chris says he lived just down the street from him will talk with his mom...
22. Paine, John Arndt DOB 1/17/59 Died 1/14/96 age 37
23. Reiber, Shirlene
24. *Rose, Nathaniel Ari DOB-8/12/59 Died 9/22/93 age 34 Chris works with Brian M. that was a good friend of Nathaniel's
25. Ruby, Don
26. Seetamona, Eda DOB 5/30/59 Died 11/11/76 age 17
27. Sellers, Richard
28. Whitaker, Dru Ann DOB 5/1/59 Died 3/16/06 age 47
29. Willis, William Eric DOB 9/8/59 Died 8/20/81 age 22 Im pretty sure the grave memorial pic I have is for him…but want you to check it too...
30. *Wilson, Nancy (Nancy J. Wilson??) DOB 10/5/59 Died 8/17/16 age 56 Obituary says she went to Romig but graduated from Diamond donations made to the Multiple Sclerosis Society
Did you know that the class of 1977 was one of the largest graduating classes
from the oldest high school in Anchorage, at 486 graduates?
We are respectfully asking your business for donation of a silent auction item or other contribution in support of our class reunion. Your businesses will be recognized on our web site and will also be acknowledged in the reunion year book.
Our Class of 1977 volunteers have obtained permit #420 for tax purposes.
Thank you in advance for your donation and support in making our event a memorable one.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Donna Langit at her email.
4/22/2017 April 19th Meeting Notes
Thanks to those of you who could make it. Here's my draft notes. Edit if I missed something.
Attendees Marilyn (Walsh) Morgan, Mark Fink, Vicki (Slone) Thompson, Jay Schmidt, Kathy Suth
. . .
4/15/2017 March 21st Meeting Notes
Here's my draft notes from the meeting on Tuesday, March 21. I believe we had a record turnout - 9 classmates!
Please review and make edits. Thanks.
. . .
4/15/2017 February 21st Meeting Notes
Ready to post (no edits received). I'll take this email as an opportunity to remind folks of our meeting next Tuesday, March 21at Marilyn's house. We'd sure like a good turnout--
. . .
I want to send a heartfelt greeting to everyone from the Class of 1977. I have had the wonderful opportunity to keep in touch with some of you--and only wish that I could see and share a little time with the rest of the class. Certainly, not a day goes by that I don't remember how much fun I had at Moore's Kindergarten, North Star Elementary, Central and West. For me school was always mostly about the people--and whether we could effectivley distract the teachers from assigning any real work. This plan definitely worked at Central, probably was a lot less effective at West. Last spring Joan Stassel and her beautiful daughter Lauren were able to spend a week with us and we laughed ourselves silly thinking about the things we did at Central---does anyone remember the Huskies Howl and journalism class. What about the videos...anyway!
After graduation I attended Harvard,and then on to a job in the U.S. Senate working for Senator Murkowski. From there I attended law school at USD, graduating in 1986. I met my wonderful husband George in 1987 and we have 4 children. They are the light of our lives and they are active in USTA tennis,AAU basketball, and endless amounts of really challenging homework. The academics are very serious and intense here in California and I worry about that.
I would just love to hear from you all and share memories... when I tell my children stories from my childhood they ask me if it was a long time ago,,,,or a really long time ago, such as the days from Little House on the Prairie. Anyway, thank you all for a lot of fun, and I hope that if we have not had a chance to keep in touch you will certainly contact me if you make your way to Southern California.
Do you know how to contact a missing classmate?
"MISSING" means there is no Email, Street Address, Phone Number entered for a classmember.
Family News Summary
Enter your Family News Item choosing from our pre-defined categories:
Anniversary, Award, Birth, Death, Diagnosis, Engagement, Graduation,
Lottery, Retirement, Vacation, Wedding, Other.
This class reunion website is a complementary
addition to your existing alumni resources. It is a product of
Classreport, Inc. and may not be affiliated with West Anchorage High School or its alumni association.
Does your High School Class have a full-featured Alumni Website?Start One Now!
(Or start one for your Mother, Father, Sister,
Brother, Spouse, Son, Daughter, Friend . . .)
"Ttanks for your support. I was able to get the correct document uploaded. Your site is amazing."
"You have done a GREAT job with this site. I will be telling our class to update their profiles."
"My class appreciates your organization more than I can say. THANK YOU."
"Many thanks for the news update about our class. The site is really looking great!"
"Thanks for all you do for us!"
"I enjoy reading the website."
"You have a great web site - Thank you!"
"Thank you for having such a wonderful site. Our class appreciates your continuing work."
"We are glad that you all maintain this web site. We think our site is a really good site and want to keep it running."
We DO NOT sell advertising to support this site.
We DO NOT sell names and addresses to third parties. There are NO POP-UP
ads. There are no registration fees required for participation.
Please support this site with your voluntary contributions.
We cannot provide this service without your support. Thank You!
Read Our Story