12/12/2016 Steve Fenderson Passes
Bill Frazier reports seeing Steve Fenderson's obituary in the KC Star. Steve passed away on September 8, 2016. His funeral is set for Wednesday, December 14, with visitation beginning at 6PM
. . .
9/22/2015 Jim Craig Passes
Jim's wife of 53 years, Suzanne, called me to let me know that Jim's battle with cancer was over and that he passed earlier in the day on September 19. I've known Jim most of my life as he m
. . .
8/23/2015 Nancy Myers Mirikitani Passes
Bill Frazier reports the passing of Nancy Myers Mirikitani on August 21, 2015 as reported in the Kansas City Star on August 23. The obituary has been added to Nancy's profile, as well as a p
. . .
Those who were present for our 55th Reunion on July 18, 2015, enjoyed great company, great food, and great stories. Here is the Class picture taken by Chris Wilborn of Wilborn & Assoc. Photographers.
How many do you recognize? Video and pictures of the event can be seen below
55th Reunion Video & Pictures
The Class of 1960 celebrated their 55th Reunion in the Prairie Room located within the Ameristar Casino. Here is a timelapse video followed by a compilation of pictures taken by Carole Meakin Owsley from the night of July 18, 2015.
Click on the link below to be taken to Flickr where you can see a compilation of pictures taken the night of the Reunion by Carole Meakin Owsley.
Hover your cursor over a picture to see a caption. Click on any picture to see a larger version. Click on the left or right arrow to scroll through the pictures. The picture caption can be found below the picture.
KEN BRADSHAW Paseo Alliance Guest Speaker
On October 28, 2013, Ken Bradshaw was the guest speaker at the quarterly Paseo Alliance Luncheon. Here is the video of his speech.
Diane Huston Henderson Has Spoken
In case you missed the July 29, 2013,Paseo Alliance Luncheon, Diane Huston Henderson was the guest speaker. Click on the play button below to see what you missed, or check it out again.
70th Birthday Bash
A Compilation Of Stills
Happy Birthday To Us
Hula Hoop Demonstration
Our 50th Reunion is History
But you can relive the Saturday night Dinner/Dance through the videos below, as well as pictures taken Friday night at the Meet & Greet and at the Sunday Brunch below. You may want to Pause the Classreport Radio Player before viewing the video.
Pictures from Friday Meet & Greet - Part 1
Move your cursor over each picture to get a magnified closeup.
Pictures from Friday Meet & Greet - Part 2
Pictures from Saturday Dinner/Dance
Pictures from Saturday Dinner/Dance - Part 2
Pictures from Saturday Dinner/Dance - Part 3
Pictures from Sunday Brunch
History of Paseo High School
The Paseo Alliance has constructed the first draft of the History of Paseo High School and the KCMO School District. You can click on this link to read a copy of that document, or go to their website at http://paseohighschool.org/paseohighschool/PDF/PaseoHistory.pdf.
Our Class Message Board
Your participation is requested!
We would like to hear from you. Post your messages here.
I have worked in the healthcare field for over 20 years overseeing volunteers. I am a Grandmother, Cash - 11and West - 9 and Neve 6. They are a joy. I have lived in the Lee's Summit for over 40 years. I am active in my church and enjoy reading, working out and my two cats. I always enjoy serving on the reunion committee.
Family News Summary
Enter your Family News Item choosing from our pre-defined categories:
Anniversary, Award, Birth, Death, Diagnosis, Engagement, Graduation,
Lottery, Retirement, Vacation, Wedding, Other.
2. Name the two drive-ins that students drove back and forth from 47th to 63rd & the Paseo.
3. Name the physical education teacher who left $1 million to JCCC in 1995 to be used for physical education scholarships.
4. Name the dance where the gals asked the boys to attend.
5. Name two Paseo principals.
6. Name two Vice Principals of traffic squad and discipline.
7. Name long serving guadnce counselors and office staff.
8. Who is the art teacher who, until a few years ago, participated in local art fairs?
9. Name the dairy at 57th & Troost.
10. What was the official address of the school?
11. Name two drive-ins in the Plaza area.
12. What was the swimming attire for the boys?
13. Name the Paseo newspaper.
14. Where we most graduation ceremonies held?
15. Name the school colors.
16. Complete this line: "On her hill Paseo towers, ..."
17. From the street in front of Paseo High, what is in the median between the stairs leading down to Paseo Blvd.?
18. What was the subject of the mosaic in the front hall of the school?
19. What 1949 graduate was awarded a posthumous Congressional Medal of Honor for his service in the Korean War?
20. What was the name of the amusement park at 75th & Prospect?
21. Name the waterway just north of Paseo High School.
22. Kansas City has the only museum in the world devoted to what war?
23. Name the next three words in the following cheer: "Stand up, sit down, _ _ _."
24. Why was the concrete poured over the Paseo rocks in 1956?
25. Name of the shopping center that opend at 63d between Paseo & Troost when some of us were in high school.
26. What was the name of the ballroom turned roller skating rink at 31st & Gillham Plaza?
27. What was the name of the ballroom turned skating rink turned bowling alley at Linwood & Main?
28. What was the name of the drug store at 12th & Main?
29. 1935 Paseo graduate Gail Shikles was known as ____ _____ in a hit TV series in the 60s? (Bonus point for knowing the stage name of this actor)
30. What Paseo alums returned to teach at Paseo?
31. What was the school motto?
32. Name the original faculty members from the time Paseo was opened who continued to teach when we were students.
Answers to all trivia questions are posted below. Hope you had fun looking back at the "olde" days.
2. Max's & Allen's
3. Nell Mitchell
4. Sadie Hawkins
5. Stigall, Bond & Marshall
6. Morris & Curtis
7. Rose McMaster, Ruth Norris, Neva Christine
8. John Coleman
9. Country Club Dairy
10. 4747 Flora
11. Sydney's & Winstead's
12. Nothing (we were skinny dipping)
13. Paseo Press
14. Municipal Auditorium
15. Red, black & gold
16. Fair and strong and high
17. PASEO rocks
18. Pirate Ship
19. Chevy Impala
20. Fairyland Park
21. Brush Creek
22. WWI Liberty Memorial
23. Fight, fight, fight
24. To keep classes from changing what they say (1956 changed to the year)
25. The Landing
26. El Torreon
29. Peter Gunn (extra points for Craig Stevens)
30. Bill Ross, Mike Montgall, Martha Lappin, Art Davis, Janice Cowan
31. Remember Who You Are
32. Blase, Constant, Franklin, Minckemeyer, Reber, Swinney, Weeks, Wulfekammer
It you scroll up to the Class Directory box on the right, you will see that there are many classmates that are still considered missing. If by chance you are aware of the current location of any of those listed, please notify the committee by sending an email with full details to PaseoHS1960@gmail.com.
We also have 49 classmates listed as deceased. Unfortunately we are missing information for many about their DOD or details of their life that would be found in an obituary. If you have a copy of an obituary for any, or know the date of their passing, would you send that information to the PaseoHS1960@gmail.com email account?
Keep Us Posted
And if you move or change your email account, please help us keep our Class Roster updated. Just sign in to this website and enter your new address, phone number and/or email address, so you remain in the located category. While we will predominately use this website and email to keep you posted on Class of 1960 activities, you never know when we might resort to snail mail.
Classreport.org provides free Class Websites
for every graduating class of every high school
with free access for all.
We are one of the premier social networking sites dating back to 2003. We are a small,
family-owned business and yet freely host over a million class websites.
Classreport holds a special place in the hearts of our users:
We are funded solely through your voluntary contributions.
Can you help us keep this site online and ad-free for another year?
Thank you for your support!
This class reunion website is a complementary
addition to your existing alumni resources. It is a product of
Classreport, Inc. and may not be affiliated with Paseo High School or its alumni association.
Does your High School Class have a full-featured Alumni Website?Start One Now!
(Or start one for your Mother, Father, Sister,
Brother, Spouse, Son, Daughter, Friend . . .)
"Ttanks for your support. I was able to get the correct document uploaded. Your site is amazing."
"You have done a GREAT job with this site. I will be telling our class to update their profiles."
"My class appreciates your organization more than I can say. THANK YOU."
"Many thanks for the news update about our class. The site is really looking great!"
"Thanks for all you do for us!"
"I enjoy reading the website."
"You have a great web site - Thank you!"
"Thank you for having such a wonderful site. Our class appreciates your continuing work."
"We are glad that you all maintain this web site. We think our site is a really good site and want to keep it running."
We DO NOT sell
advertising to support this site.
We DO NOT sell names and addresses to third parties. There are NO POP-UP
ads. There are no registration fees required for participation.
Please support this site with your voluntary contributions.
We cannot provide this service without your support. Thank You!
Read Our Story