Friday Night – Casual get together at Legends at 2902 S. Center St., 6 p.m.
Keg beer & appetizers provided, $15 per person
Oktemberfest Activities – www.oktemberfest.com
Registration: Sign in to our class website – www.classreport.org
There are 2 tabs, one for Friday night and one for Saturday night. Be sure to sign up for both nights if you’re coming to both. Payment will be due Sept. 18 to Larry McKibben, P.O. box 618, Marshalltown, IA 50158. Checks made out to Class of ’65 (cost per person - $15 for Fri., $30 for Sat., $45 for both).
Information: Reunion information will also be posted on Facebook at Marshalltown High School Class of 1965 (not on MHS Class of 1965) but registration can only be done on classreport.org. Questions? Contact Tom and Cindy Mack at email@example.com
There will be no mailings to classmates, so please help us spread the word!
HOTEL Information: Blocks of rooms have been reserved at the following hotels. Ask for MHS Class of ’65 rooms.
Hampton Inn - 20 West Iowa Ave., 641-753-6795 $114 plus tax
Super 8 - 3315 S. Center St., 641-753-3333 $59 plus tax
Best Western Regency - 3303 S. Center St., 641-752-6321 $75 plus tax includes full bkfst, pool, frig.,micro
Comfort Inn -2613 S. Center St. , 641-752-6000 $99 plus tax , Hot breakfast buffet, indoor pool
Tremont on Main - 22 W. Main St., 641-752-1234 $109 plus tax
Make Checks Payable To:
Checks made out to Class of ’65 (cost per person - $15 for Fri., $30 for Sat., $45 for both).
Mail Payment To:
Larry McKibben, P.O. box 618, Marshalltown, IA 50158
Casual Get Together
2015 - 6:00 pm
Elmwood Country Club
Saturday Class golf outing – tee times starting at 9:30 a.m. Contact Larry McKibben at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 18 to play.
Saturday Afternoon –MHS Tour, including newly remodeled Round House. The west entrance main doors will be open from 3 – 3:30 p.m. where members of the Honor Society will be forming tour groups.
Saturday Night – Casual evening at Elmwood Country Club - $30 per person
6 -7 p.m. – social hour with appetizers provided & cash bar
7 p. m. Italian buffet dinner with salad bar, pasta bar, entrees and dessert
After dinner – short program/ music/dancing/socializing
Oktemberfest Activities – www.oktemberfest.com
Registration: Sign in to our class website – www.classreport.org There are 2 tabs, one for Friday night and one for Saturday night. Be sure to sign up for both nights if you’re coming to both. Payment will be due Sept. 18 to Larry McKibben, P.O. box 618, Marshalltown, IA 50158. Checks made out to Class of ’65 (cost per person - $15 for Fri., $30 for Sat., $45 for both).
8/11/2015 Reunion Meeting
It's time to hold a reunion committee meeting to finalize plans. We are setting the meeting for Monday, August 31 at 7 p.m. at Tom and my house - 204 Highland Acres Rd. Please let me know
. . .
12/30/2010 Mr and Mrs James Crook
Mr Crook has given me permission to post the latest photo of them.
. . .
Here's a glimpse of my life in 2015 for those of you who haven't heard from me in a while:
* My home e-mail address is email@example.com. I'd enjoy hearing from you!
* My husband, Claus Weidner, is retired and we celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary in September 2014.
* We are very happy to be back in Colorado Springs, where we lived for the first time from 1985-1993. A job opportunity for Claus took us to Fort Collins, CO, in December of 1993 until we downsized and returned to Colorado Springs and moved into a townhome development (Autumn Heights) in the southwest corner of the city in August of 2001. We're back near Cheyenne Mountain and the Broadmoor Hotel in our old neighborhood enjoying the many days of sunshine here. Here we plan to stay.
* Our daughter, Annette Weidner Dennison, lives in San Diego, CA, and is a successful working Mom. She is a buyer at PETCO corporate offices there. Her daughter, Audrey Anne, was born in May of 2003 and a son, Grant James, in May 0f 2006. Annette's husband, Jim, is a Special Agent for the IRS in San Diego.
* My mother, Helene Willis, passed away on October 28, 2014, in Joplin, MO; and Dad on August 3, 2013. My brother, Dean Willis, and his wife, Beth, had spent more than 12 years overseeing their schedules and health care. Both died at age 90 and are missed by all of us. Celebrations of their lives were held in the Kirwin, KS cemetery where they are buried near where Dad grew up and where many of his family are buried, too.
*I am the big sister and my other brothers are Keith Willis in CA, Dale in UT, and Wayne in Loveland, CO. Wayne lives closest to us with his wife, JoAnn. My adopted sister, Angie, is now living in AR.
* Much of my working career was devoted to administration in hospitals in Santa Cruz, CA; Colorado Springs, CO; and Fort Collins, CO. I retired as Executive Director at the Colorado P.E.O. Chapter House in Colorado Springs on October 31, 2014. It is an Independent Living residence in Colorado Springs for P.E.O.s and their husbands from around the country as well as an educational facility for P.E.O.s and other organizations needing a venue for educational meetings, seminars, etc.
* Jazz is a very important part of Claus' and my life and has been throughout our marriage. We have been members of the Pikes Peak Jazz & Swing Society (PPJASS) in Colorado Springs almost since its founding more than 25 years ago. Both of us serve on the Board of the annual Colorado Springs Jazz Party as well.
* Claus is retired from a 35+-year career in International Marketing of, primarily, scientific instrumentation. He has made countless airplane trips around the world and was able to regularly utilize his four languages (German, French, Spanish and English. His home city is Hamburg, Germany.
*I have been a member of P.E.O. for 43 years in June of 2015. I was initiated into it in Ames, IA; transferred to another chapter in Santa Cruz, CA; transferred to Chapter C in Colorado Springs, CO; transferred to another chapter in Fort Collins, CO; and then returned to Chapter C in Colorado Springs in 2001. I am a 1967 gradaute of P.E.O.'s college in Nevada, MO - COTTEY COLLEGE - the Class of 1967.
Please feel free to contact me, particularly by e-mail since I check it frequently. I may also be reached on FACEBOOK as Janet Willis Weidner. I appreciate this wonderful opportunity to stay in touch with MHS classmates. Thanks to Janice Murphy Feehan for maintaining this MHS Class of 1965 website for us.
* MY MOTTO REMAINS: PIKES PEAK OR BUST! - I'M LOVIN' IT!
Janet Willis Weidner
May 5, 2015
Colorado Springs, CO
Family News Summary
Enter your Family News Item choosing from our pre-defined categories:
Anniversary, Award, Birth, Death, Diagnosis, Engagement, Graduation,
Lottery, Retirement, Vacation, Wedding, Other.
This class reunion website is a complementary
addition to your existing alumni resources. It is a product of
Classreport, Inc. and may not be affiliated with Marshalltown High School or its alumni association.
Does your High School Class have a full-featured Alumni Website?Start One Now!
(Or start one for your Mother, Father, Sister,
Brother, Spouse, Son, Daughter, Friend . . .)
"This is such a great idea. I will certainly be passing along your site to friends that went to our school and other schools that might be able to use this."
" I think the Classreport website is GREAT! I wish I would have known about it sooner."
"I really enjoy using this site and my class members are using it more and more as well. Thank you all for putting this together. I am making good use of the site's features every day."
""Thanks" from everyone in our class for the classreport website!"
"You folks are the best!"
"The web site and services are awesome. It has been a long journey but we as a class finally arrived at a milestone. We will continue to use the site as a meeting place to exchange family news."
"I enjoy reading about our class members and hope that the website outlasts me."
"I am getting the hang of the website and having fun with it! Thank you for this wonderful resource!"
"Just a brief, but heartfelt THANK YOU for enabling me to connect with my class members."
"You two creative people have made such a strong contribution to togetherness
for our class members. Instead of saying "somebody really ought to...", you did it! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love people who see a need for a service and fix it, and fix it you did!"
We DO NOT sell
advertising to support this site.
We DO NOT sell names and addresses to third parties. There are NO POP-UP
ads. There are no registration fees required for participation.
Please support this site with your voluntary contributions.
We cannot provide this service without your support. Thank You!
Read Our Story